All lanes of I-20 at Fulton Industrial Boulevard will close for two hours Saturday morning because of traffic pacing, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation. The project is just one of a long list of lane closures this weekend due to construction.
Here’s a round-up of other road construction projects happening around metro Atlanta this weekend:
- The Express Lanes project will require a traffic detour at the I-75 southbound entrance ramp and Canton Road Connector. Canton Road Connector traffic traveling I-75 southbound will be directed to take the I-75 northbound ramp to travel northbound to Barrett Parkway. Traffic will then be directed to make a left on Barrett Parkway followed by another left to then enter I-75 southbound via the ramp from Barrett Parkway. The detour will be start at 9 p.m. Friday and end at 5 a.m. Saturday.
- The Express Lanes project will require a detour of the I-75 southbound to Cobb Parkway ramp at the I-75/I-285 interchange. I-75 southbound traffic traveling to Cobb Parkway will be directed to take the ramp to I-285 westbound and travel westbound to Paces Ferry Road. Traffic will then be directed to make a left on Paces Ferry Road followed by another left to enter I-285 eastbound via the ramp from Paces Ferry. Traffic will then continue eastbound and exit onto Cobb Parkway via the I-285 eastbound exit ramp. The detour will be start at 9 p.m. Sunday and end at 5 a.m. Saturday.
- One northbound and one southbound lane will close between Windy Hill Road and SR 280/Delk Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for sign structure work.
- One northbound and one southbound lane will close between Chastain Road and Wade Green Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Two lanes will close southbound at Barrett Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
- The Express Lanes project will require two lane closures southbound between SR 120/South Marietta Parkway and SR 280/Delk Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Sign structure work will require one northbound lane to close just before the SR 5/SR 5 Spur/Canton Road Connector from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
- A rolling lane closure will require one northbound lane to close between SR 20/SR 81 and Hudson Bridge Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for work on the South Metro Express Lanes.
- The South Metro Express Lanes project will also require two lanes to close southbound between SR 155/Jonesboro Road and SR 20/SR 81 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday for sign structure work and guardrail repairs.
- Two westbound lanes will close between U.S. Highway 41/Cobb Parkway and New Northside Drive from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for a traffic shift and traffic pacing.
- One eastbound and one westbound lane will close between Ga. Highway 54/Jonesboro Road and Clark Howell Highway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- A rolling closure will require two northbound lanes to close between Ga. Highway 6/Camp Creek Parkway and Ga. 154/SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway and two southbound lanes will close between the I-85 interchange and Ga. 280/South Cobb Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Up to three northbound and southbound lanes will close between Chamblee Tucker Road and the I-20 interchange from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday for corrective striping work.
- A traffic pace will require all northbound and southbound lanes to close at Bolton Road from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday for utility work.
- Crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between Cleveland Avenue and the I-285 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. No ramps will close at any time.
- Up to three lanes will close northbound and southbound between the I-75 interchange and the Ga. 400 interchange from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.
- Two westbound lanes will close between SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and SR 280/H.E. Holmes Drive and two eastbound lanes will close between the I-285 interchange and SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Traffic pacing will require all eastbound and westbound lanes to close at SR 70/Fulton Industrial Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday for utility work.
State routes, highways and surface streets
- Bridge work will also require one lane closure on SR 13/Buford Highway between Peachtree Street and Monroe Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Contractors will be in close proximity to SR 9/US 19/Peachtree Road between Peachtree Memorial Drive and East Wesley Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The work will not require any lane closures.
- One lane will close at the intersection of SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- On SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday and finally.
- One lane will close on SR 279/Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to SR 14/US 29/Roosevelt Highway from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for resurfacing.